17 Aug Dentist or Orthodontist for Invisalign
A beautiful radiant smile is more than just an expression of a happy mood or a friendly demeanor. Your smile also provides you with a range of health benefits, including a stronger immune system, reduced pain, and lowered blood pressure. If you’re hiding your smile because of misaligned teeth, crooked teeth or crowded teeth, then Invisalign might be just the thing you need to set your smile free so you can reap the benefits.
Invisalign treatment involves a series of customized clear aligner trays to straighten teeth and transform smiles. Each tray is worn for two weeks at a time before it’s swapped out for a new one. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign trays are removable, allowing you to eat the foods you love and easily care for your teeth. Invisalign treatment is available from orthodontists as well as general and cosmetic Rancho Bernardo dentist. So which is better: dentist or orthodontist for Invisalign? Read on to find out!
Dentist or orthodontist for Invisalign
Invisalign is a high-tech dental solution, and the same training is available to both dentists and orthodontists. When it comes to choosing a provider, here are a few things to consider:
- Invisalign has been used by both dentists and orthodontists for 20 years to help move their patient’s teeth into the proper position.
- The iTero and ClinCheck® software helps both dentists and orthodontists map out and customize your treatment down to the tiniest shift.
- The imaging software allows your provider to easily track your progress at every appointment, which can be done by both dentists and orthodontists.
- Training and experience are key. Whether you choose a dentist or orthodontist for Invisalign, be sure they have not only completed the training but have also used Invisalign successfully on a large number of patients.
- Although both dentists and orthodontists can be trained and qualified to provide Invisalign treatment, an orthodontist may be better suited for more extensive or complex cases that need to be adjusted midway through the treatment.
- Often, a dental practice will have an in-house orthodontist. This may be ideal for patients who prefer to stick with the dentist they know but want easy access to an orthodontist when necessary.
- Our dentist may provide Invisalign at a more affordable price than a nearby orthodontist. While that can certainly be a factor in your decision, don’t let it be the only one. Discount services are only worth it if they’re offered by a qualified practitioner with the skill and experience required for the job.
- Your comfort is important. If it comes down to two qualified Invisalign practitioners, choose the one you’re most comfortable with.
- Remember, you play a vital role in your Invisalign treatment. Wearing your aligner trays 20-22 hours a day is crucial for the success of your treatment. If you feel like it will be difficult to hold yourself accountable, traditional braces might be a better option. And if that’s the case, you’ll need to see an orthodontist rather than a dentist.
If you’re interested in Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth and enhance your smile, the first thing you’ll need to do is set up a consultation to determine whether it’s the best fit for you.
Highly trained and experienced Invisalign providers at University Dental
At University Dental in San Diego, we have the technology, the training, and the experience to help straighten your teeth with Invisalign. Not only is Dr. Hage a skilled and experienced Invisalign provider, but we also have an in-house orthodontist, so you get the best of both worlds. For more information on Invisalign or to find out if Invisalign treatment is right for you, give us a call at (619) 582-4224 to schedule a consultation today.